I grew up eating this meal almost every Sunday. I think it originated from my grandma, Joan, but I learned it from my mom, Deb. It was one of her few recipes that she made for us. Not because she is a bad cook, but because she just doesn't like cooking at all! (Like so many!!) But this one she enjoyed because of it's simplicity and consistent, fool-proof results! It's so yummy and of course, EASY
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 24 oz jar Preggo Three Cheese Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic I use minced garlic in a jar or "squeezy"
- 1 small sweet onion, diced about 1 cup (can use pre-cut yellow onion found at stores)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- grated parmesan cheese for topping
- 1 package spaghetti noodles I use thin spaghetti or zoodles
Warm a large skillet, add 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Boil water for noodles, add 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt to water for taste and easier cooking. Cook noodles according to instructions on box.
Saute onions and garlic, set aside.
Brown beef in the same skillet as onions & garlic.
Add sauce and brown sugar.
Let it all warm and simmer for 5-10 mins. Top with parmesan cheese
Serve with some veggies or side salad and possibly some garlic knots!